Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Feelin' M*A*S*H*Y



There is a term, coined by my husband, that is used frequently in my house.

"that MASH feeling"

This refers to anything that gives you an overall feeling of mild disappointment or melancholy.  The origin of this phrase comes from how D felt during that certain moment of the late afternoon early evening when M*A*S*H would come on in reruns when he was a kid. 

Nothing else good is gonna happen today, there's nothing to do.  In his words "I was wanting to have some fun but now it's too late in the day to hope for that".

Now I did not meet my husband til we were in our 20 and grew up hundreds of miles away in a different state.  But the first time he explained this feeling to me I immediately knew what he was talking about as this theme song brought on the exact same feeling for me.

I guess some things are universal.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I totally get it too. I'm sorry you're feeling so MASHY.

    ReplyDelete