Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Brains


Back story: For one reason or another, I have only just recently legally changed my name to my married name despite having been married for 3 years.


Story: I got my new social security card in the mail yesterday. Upon examining it I noticed that the issue date was April 21. My immediate thought? "That's Robert Smith's birthday"


Yes, Robert Smith of the Cure. A band I listened to obsessively thru my formative years but in the last 12 years or so - almost never. So it came as a surprise to me that my brain has selected this nugget of information to grasp so tightly.


And it begs the question: What crucial piece of information is my brain not remembering in order to make room for the birth date of a British rock star?


Also still in brain: Joey Macintire's favorite musician (Frank Sinatra) and food (pizza).

1 comment:

  1. a. did not know you had a blog.
    b. did not know you had never legally changed your name.
    c. what else will i learn about you if i stay tuned to the internet?
    luv n stuff
    staci

    ReplyDelete